The non-surgical weight management program at the Comprehensive Adult Weight Management Program is a year-long, comprehensive and multidisciplinary treatment regimen for people who want, or need, to lose weight. Our team combines the expertise of physicians, psychologists, registered dietitians and exercise specialists to provide a comprehensive approach to the medical management of obesity.
The goal of the non-surgical weight management program is to help you lose weight and learn to live a healthy lifestyle by improving your eating habits and becoming more physically active. Much like other medically supervised programs, you will need to attend all the sessions and appointments while considering travel and childcare needs. Your success in the program depends largely on you.
Our program includes four components: Medical, Nutrition, Exercise and Behavior. We feel these components are all necessary to provide you with a well rounded approach to weight loss.
- Initial medical evaluations provided by physicians who specialize in obesity
- Labs/testing and ongoing follow-up care as necessary
- Preoperative clearance
- FDA approved weight loss medications when appropriate: Phentermine, Orlistat, Qsymia®, Belviq® (currently NO insurance covers these medications)
- Metabolic analysis using MedGem® machine when appropriate to determine calorie needs and tailor a nutrition plan accordingly
- Initial evaluation and ongoing follow-up provided by registered dietitians
- Individualized/culturally sensitive dietary plans and suggestions
- Liquid diets when appropriate
- Series of weekly education classes for support and accountability
- Exercise physiologist available to answer questions
- Partnerships with the local YMCA's
- Monthly workshops
- Individual assessment to identify issues related to your weight provided by licensed psychologists
- Follow-up care if necessary
- Group classes to address eating behaviors
Group education is your chance to stay connected to the program in between individual visits. We know that the more contact you have with a weight loss program the more successful you will be. It is an opportunity to learn, get support, motivation and encouragement. We strongly recommend that you go to as many as you can to help with your weight loss goals. We offer nutrition, exercise and behavior group opportunities