General Surgery encompasses the treatment of patients with a wide range of problems including, but not limited to:
- The abdomen and gastrointestinal tract
- Endocrine glands
- Colon and rectum
Specific specialty areas include:
- Weight-Loss Surgery Program
- Colorectal surgery
- Thyroid, parathyroid and adrenal surgery
- Reflux, hiatal hernia, and other esophagogastric disorders
- Hernia repair and abdominal wall reconstruction
- Gallbladder and bile duct surgery
- Stomach and small bowel surgery
- Surgery of the spleen
- Urgent and emergent general surgery care
- General abdominal problems
- Minimally invasive method
Meet Our Surgeons
General surgeons at Baystate include full-time faculty members as well as community physicians. General Surgical services offered at Baystate often employ methods that are at the leading edge of surgical technology, with strong emphases on patient safety and quality of outcomes. Meet our general surgeons....
A "FANTASTIC VOYAGE"
Read a visionary article by Neal Seymour, MD,
Chief of General Surgery at Baystate Medical Center,
on the dynamic changes to come in his field.