Parents: You may want to print this and share with your child’s school nurse.
- Request information regarding the child’s diagnosis and treatment.
- Educate yourself on your student’s medication and side effects.
- Know the protocol for emergencies should the returning student have one.
- Ask about changes in the child’s body image.
- Does the child have a PICC line, port, insulin pump, or other new device?
- Identify any necessary restrictions or modifications.
- Inquire about medications and if you will have to administer them during the school day.
- Notify the family/medical team about fevers, bleeding, vomiting, or other concerning signs or symptoms.