Who can give blood? You can!
You may donate blood if you:
- Are in good health
- Are 17 or older (no maximum age)
- Weigh at least 110 pounds
- Don't give blood if you have AIDS or are HIV-positive or have ever participated in high-risk behaviors for HIV infection. Please answer the confidential questions from our staff about your medical history and lifestyle completely and accurately.
Because recipients of blood transfusions can receive serious infections and disease from donated blood, we rigorously screen all donations.
If you want to be a blood donor
- Drop in to the BMC Blood Donor Center
- Call 413-794-4600 to make an appointment
- Participate in group blood donation events sponsored by your employer, school or community organization