- To give part of yourself to save someone else.
- ONE out of every TEN people admitted to the hospital need blood.
- Every THREE seconds, someone in the United States needs blood.
- Eighty percent of ALL Americans will need blood by the age of seventy.
- Only four percent of the population donates blood.
- ONE pint of blood (one donation) can help up to three patients.
- You lose a pound each time you give blood because one pint is equal to one pound.
- Blood Donors may have a lower risk of heart attacks than those who chose not to give blood. Scientists have discovered that people with more iron in their bodies are at a greater risk for heart attacks.