Most people will tell you that volunteering at Baystate Medical Center gives you the sense that you have helped someone and touched their life. No matter what volunteer assignment you have, you can make a positive impact on the way we deliver patient care.
In addition to the personal satisfaction of giving your time and talents to help others, you get the chance to meet different people, learn new skills and take advantage of some of the more tangible benefits offered by Baystate.
We are pleased to be able to offer Baystate Medical Center and Children’s Hospital volunteers the following:
- Free on campus parking at the main hospital, in the Daly Garage (free parking is also provided at all of our ancillary sites)
- Food vouchers to be used in our cafeteria and off campus cafes on the day you volunteer (minimum of 3 hours of service each day required)
- Employee discounts on food in our main campus cafeteria
- Participation in the Daly Gift Shop special sales events
- Access to educational programs offered by the hospital
- Use of our wellness center gym at the employee rate
- Opportunities to join us on trips sponsored by the Recreational Committee at Baystate (payment for trips required)
- The annual volunteer recognition breakfast
- Awards for hours of service commencing at the 100 hour level
- Free flu shots