What sorts of tasks might I be doing as a volunteer?
BFMC is proud to have volunteers doing a variety of tasks in almost every department. Some are clerical, some patient oriented, and some include a variety of tasks. If you have a talent you would like to offer, we may be able to develop a new volunteer opportunity, so be sure to share your ideas.
Here is a partial list of opportunities; we are always looking for new ones.
- Mailroom -- sort and deliver mail five days per week
- Gift shop -- open seven days per week
- Chaplaincy program
- Reception -- front lobby, patient registration, Human Resources
- Surgical Services
- Cardiopulmonary and Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Physicians’ offices
- Ambulance Services
- Emergency Department
- Patient Liaisons -- visit patients while in the hospital
- Follow-up phone calls to discharged patients
- Compiling charts
- Assembling welcome packets for new patients
- Health Information Management (Medical Records)
- Volunteer office
- Clerical and office projects
- Special projects -- craft fairs, health fairs, fundraisers