First, please download the volunteer application form, print it, legibly fill out as much as you can, and send it to: Volunteer Department, 164 High Street. Greenfield, MA 01301. Call the department directly at 413-773-2318 if you have any questions about the form.
The Volunteer manager will arrange an appointment to meet with you to determine how your abilities, interests, preferences and schedule might best match the opportunities and needs of the hospital.
If we decide that there is an opportunity for you, the process will continue:
- Finish completing the application
- Fill out the Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) check form that the Volunteer manager will give you (this is required for all applicants over 18)
- Supply three references with phone numbers (not family members)
- Submit immunization records, if available
- Make appointment for TB test and blood work, as needed, to prove immunity to measles, mumps, rubella, and chicken pox. (Two negative TB tests a week apart are required. If the test is positive, a chest X-ray will be required.)
- After the CORI check is returned, medical clearance complete, and references checked, you will attend two-hour orientation. During orientation, you will receive a uniform jacket and photo ID.
The application process takes about two weeks depending on scheduling. Some departments do require extra training.