Be part of the big picture - volunteer at Baystate Mary Lane Hospital!
Baystate Mary Lane Hospital volunteers revitalize our spirit and strengthen our commitment to the patients, visitors and family members we serve. Our volunteers, age 15 and over, supplement the professional health care services delivered throughout BMLH. We assign volunteers to areas that best match their interests, skills and experience, including:
- Respiratory services
- Rehabilitation services
- Clerical support
- Community outreach
- Food & nutrition services
- Gift shop
- Emergency department
- Medical/Surgical unit
- Surgical services
- Oncology services
If you are interested in learning about the volunteer opportunities we currently have available, call the BMLH Human Resources Department at 413-967-2117.
There are many benefits and advantages to being a BMLH volunteer, including:
- Sharing special knowledge and talents with others
- Receiving satisfaction from helping others in need
- Developing new interests and skills
- Meeting new people and developing new friendships
- Exploring health care career opportunities
- Utilizing your free time in a meaningful way
- Earning community service hours for college applications.
At Baystate Mary Lane Hospital, there is no "typical" volunteer. We welcome anyone 15 or older who is willing to give us some time to be a volunteer. Download, complete and mail us the volunteer application form.