At Baystate Medical Practices, we believe that it is important for all children to be seen routinely, even when they are not sick. These "well-child visits" are important to a child's health, development, and well being. At these visits, children are examined by a healthcare provider, and sometimes receive vaccinations, or shots, that help prevent many illnesses. It is also a time for parents to talk with the doctor about any concerns they may have.
For well-child visits and immunizations, we follow the guidelines set by the American Academy of Pediatrics. Our goal is for all pediatric patients to receive the recommended number of well-visits and immunizations for their age. We want to give the right care to the right child at the right time.
In order to offer the best care possible, Baystate Medical Practices have done a few things to assure that patients receive appropriate well-child care.
- we keep track of those patients who need well-child visits and contact them to make appointments.
- we provide parent/patient education.
- we have improved our system to make it easier for you to contact us and get an appointment.
- we use a reminder system for our patients and families so that they don’t forget scheduled visits.
- we follow up on patients who do not show for appointments.
For more information on Quality at Baystate Health
For more information on Baystate Children's Hospital
For more information on Baystate Medical Practices
For more information on the American Academy of Pediatrics