A service of Baystate Medical Center, we offer a complete range of services, both inpatient and outpatient, for the evaluation and treatment of children with possible endocrine problems, growth issues, or diabetes.
We offer guidance and teaching about all aspects of home and school management of diabetes in childhood, as well as diabetes support groups for children and their parents. We provide diagnosis and treatment of pediatric endocrine problems, including:
- Diabetes mellitus emphasizing intensive therapy and prevention of complications
- Insulin pump therapy
- Disorders of growth
- Precocious and delayed puberty
- Adrenal disorders: CAH, Addison's Disease
- Thyroid dysfunction and evaluation of thyroid nodules
- Calcium and vitamin D metabolism
- Metabolic bone disease
- Metabolic syndrome and lipid disorders
- Endocrine emergencies
- Hypothalamic and pituitary dysfunction, panhypopituitarism
Frequently Asked Questions....
We also conduct monthly outreach visits at:
- Deerfield Pediatrics, 424 State Road, Whately, 413-794-0813
- Office of Dr. Brian J. Dempsey, 758 East St., Pittsfield, 413-794-0813
- Baystate Outpatient Center - Northampton, 325B King St., Northampton, 413-387-4100
Our team includes board certified pediatric endocrinologists, fellows, registered nurses, medical assistants, registered dietitians, and a social worker.
- Holley F. Allen, MD, Chief
- Luisa Aguiar, MD, Fellow
- Sena Cantas Orsdemir, MD, Fellow
- Rushika Conroy, MD
- Chelsea Gordner, DO
- Edward Reiter, MD
- Ksenia Tonyushkina, MD
- Michelle Fitzgerald, FNP, MSN, BC-ADM
- Mahmuda Ahmed, MD, Fellow
Meet Our Team....
*Some of our providers also see patients at the Baystate Outpatient Center in Northampton.