What is Planned Giving?
Planned Giving usually constitutes sizable charitable gifts that benefit the donor and maximize the gift through tax and other financial savings. A planned gift frequently requires the assistance of a professional advisor and who takes into account the benefit to the charity as well as to the donor and donor’s family.
Only 30 % of Americans have an updated will.
Use our new Will Planning Guide today to help take control and guide your legacy.
Charitable Gift Annuities issued by Baystate Health Foundation, can provide a competitive rate of return and guaranteed income for life for one or two people before the gift comes to Baystate. Use our calculators.
Time spent considering the best ways to structure your gifts can help:
- maximize how they will address the health needs of the Greater Springfield community
- meet your personal financial planning goals
Our goal is to provide you and your family with helpful information about your planned giving options.
Baystate Health Foundation Planned Giving Options
- Bequests: Make a planned gift to Baystate Health Foundation through a will.
- Charitable Gift Annuities: Make a contribution of cash or securities to the Foundation and receive guaranteed fixed income for life, as well as significant tax benefits.
- Retirement Assets/Certificates of Deposit: Consider naming us the beneficiary of a retirement plan or other investments like a certificate of deposit.
- Charitable Remainder Trusts: Support services at Baystate Health while enjoying guaranteed fixed income for life.
- Life Insurance: Give a gift of life insurance by naming Baystate Health Foundation as policy owner and irrevocable beneficiary, and reap attractive tax benefits.
- Charitable Lead Trusts: Provide for the future while enjoying significant tax benefits today, and making a contribution to Baystate Health Foundation in support of Baystate Health.
- Other Ways to Give: Enjoy income and/or tax benefits when donating personal property, real estate, or making gifts of business interests.
Learn more.... If you have questions, or would like to request more information, please call 413-794-5444
Baystate Health Foundation is not a financial, legal or tax advisor. Please consult your own advisors regarding your financial, legal, or tax needs to make certain that a contemplated gift fits well into your overall circumstances and planning. Any discussions and examples in this document or in our related web sites are for illustrative and educational purposes only and are not a solicitation or offer.