Who Is Eligible
The Summer Student Scholars Program is limited to local students whose primary residence is in a western Massachusetts, northern Connecticut or southern Vermont community served by Baystate Health. Local students do not need to be attending a local college or university.
Eligible students must be:
- entering their junior or senior year of college
- enrolled full- time at an accredited US four-year college or university
- have a minimum 3.0 GPA
ALL of the following materials must be received by January 2, 2015. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Online application
- Personal statement (uploaded through online application)
- Official school transcript(s) mailed or emailed directly from the Applicant’s Institution. Scanned or unofficial copies will not be accepted.
- Two letters of recommendation sent directly from references; letters sent from the applicant will not be accepted. At least one letter must be from a professor at your current school. Both letters should emphasize personal and professional accomplishments as well as academic and extracurricular performance.
Submit Application Materials to:
Summer Student Scholars Program
Division of Academic Affairs
Baystate Medical Center
280 Chestnut Street, 3rd Floor
Springfield, MA 01199
Or via email to Jane.Sicard@baystatehealth.org