The Internal Medicine Residency Program at Baystate Medical Center participates in the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) program for the residency application process.
All applications will be submitted via ERAS website.
- Completed ERAS Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae
- Dean's Letter
- Medical School Transcript
- Personal Statement
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation (one departmental letter)
- Successful completion of both Steps I, II & II CS-USMLE or COMLEX
- All residency candidates must fulfill Baystate Resident Appointment Requirements
- International Medical Graduates: There are no specific core requirements. See Below:
- ERAS Application
- Passing USMLE Steps I, II & II CS (prefer 220 and above) 1st attempts
- Clinical Experience (continuous clinical experience since medical school graduation; observerships/externships are not considered clinical experience)
- If you have completed an internship: Please list under experience
- Valid ECFMG Certification
- MRCP Certification (if applicable): Please list under experience
INSTITUTIONAL POLICY ON VISA STATUS
Baystate Medical Center sponsors J1 Visas through ECFMG for applicants who are eligible for appointment to a residency or fellowship position.
The availability of the institution to support H1B Visas is very limited and not generally available; however, upon request from the Program Director and under exceptional circumstances, the Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs will review H1B applications on a case-by-case basis.
ERAS applications will be reviewed by the Residency Selection Committee and are based on academic performance, passing USMLE/COMLEX I, II & CS scores, letters of recommendation, clinical experience and programmatic fit. An invitation for an interview will be extended via Interview Broker to qualified applicants.
Interviews begin in mid-November and continue through the end of January.
Appointments normally begin in the last week of June, and include a one-week required orientation which includes BLS/ACLS & Boot Camp.
International medical graduates must be certified by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG). Information about certification and Visa sponsorship is available from:
3624 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104 USA
- International medical graduates are sponsored on J-1 Visas.
- A preadmission physical exam and current immunization record are required as a condition of appointment.
- BLS/ACLS Certification (available during week-long orientation)
Come check us out!