Our 1-year ACGME-approved Cytopathology Fellowship program provides comprehensive training in all aspects of cytopathology.
The combination of patient material, volume, motivated expert faculty, and a cooperative and friendly atmosphere will provide you with a unique experience that will help you to acquire the skills you seek in your development as a cytopathologist.
Baystate's Cytopathology Laboratory is
One of the Largest in New England
Our wide breadth of interesting clinical material offers
excellent educational opportunities:
- approximately 50,000 cases per year
- 5,000 of which are nongynecologic—including approximately 1,800 fine needle aspiration biopsies.
Our Faculty Have Trained at Many of
the Finest Academic Centers in the U.S.
Our 5 board-certified cytopathologists, 3 hematopathologists, and 1 teaching cytotechnologist
- are dedicated to providing outstanding resident and fellow education
- have diverse clinical and research interests.
Cooperative and Friendly Environment
- Quality group of experienced cytotechnologists
- Skilled, committed support staff
- Excellent physical space.