This is a two year program offering one position per year for a total of two fellows.
- Rotation every other month between inpatient and outpatient services for both years
- Protected research time and introduction to research course
- Pediatric and reproductive endocrinology rotation
- Specialty Clinics
- Diabetes mellitus
- Thyroid ultrasound and biopsy
- Osteoporosis and metabolic bone disease
- Pediatric metabolic bone disease
Your outpatient experience in endocrinology, diabetes and metabolism allows you to participate in diagnostic and therapeutic decision making and maintain three weekly continuity clinics.
Inpatient work will focus on consultative endocrinology. You will have a two week rotation in reproductive endocrinology and infertility. You will also play a role in clinical research, and gain experience in other areas of endocrinology, including nuclear medicine, osteoporosis clinic, lipid clinic, and insulin pump therapy.
As part of your own research experience, you will analyze background information in a specific area, propose a research project, and begin to obtain preliminary data under the guidance of a faculty mentor.
Your outpatient experience will include follow-up of your patients from the previous year, plus new consultations. You will also have a month-long rotation in pediatric endocrinology, pediatric-metabolic bone disease clinic, and lipid clinic.
You will continue your work with the osteoporosis clinic, insulin pump therapy, and nuclear medicine, and move forward with your own research project.
- Endocrinology division supervises and administers radioactive iodine therapy
- Dedicated inpatient intensive glycemic control service run by faculty member and nurse practitioner not dependent on fellows
- Subspecialty clinics in ophthalmology and pediatric metabolic bone disease
- Dedicated rotations in pediatric endocrinology and reproductive endocrinology
- Participation in “Endocrine University” in the second year resulting in:
- Thyroid ultrasound accreditation
- Bone density measurement certification
- Metabolic Laboratory CLIA certification
- Insulin pump and sensor hands-on instruction
- Travel to National meeting once a year (AACE first year; Endocrine Society second year)