Fellowship Director: Gavin Budhram, MD email: gavin.budhramMD@baystatehealth.org
Education Coordinator: Tara Rivest phone: 413-794-3947 email: email@example.com
- Length of Fellowship: 1 year
- Number of fellows: 2
- Application deadline: November 1
- Baystate Medical Center is a 716 bed, Level-1 Trauma Center & Pediatric Hospital
- Annual census >115,000 (75% adults, 25% admission rate, 7% ICU admissions)
- There are 34 full-time Baystate Health/Tufts University School of Medicine faculty members in the Emergency Medicine department at the main campus with varied research, education, and administrative responsibilities.
Fellow Benefits & Facilities
- Salary: Competitive
- Disability/Malpractice/Health and Dental/Life insurance
- 6 weeks paid vacation
- Additional CME funding available for conference attendance and educational materials.
- Image Review: A pc-based server is located centrally in the ED and receives ultrasound exams transmitted from the machines and stores them in a fully searchable PACS database. Ultrasound still images and clips are available for review 24 hours a day. Images are transmitted in real-time as the exams are performed. Image review is via a web-based digital archiving system and is possible from home.
- Ultrasound Machines: 6 Sonosite M-turbos
- Ultrasound Probes: Wide availability of linear, phased array, curvilinear, and endocavitary probes.
- Image Recorder: Wireless digital recording and archiving of all ultrasound exams.
- Educational Resources: Various vascular and transvaginal pelvic models are available, including sim lab access.
- Number of Clinical Hours: 8 shifts/month
- The fellow will participate in inter- and intra-departmental quality assurance of ultrasound exams.
- A research study is required, as are 4 ultrasound scanning shifts per month.