Interested physicians who have completed the necessary training to become ABIM board-eligible in Internal Medicine are encouraged to apply.
- All applicants must apply online through ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service).
- Complete the application provided by ERAS.
The following are required:
3 letters of recommendation
1 of the 3 LORs must be from the Director of your Internal Medicine Residency Program
- You do not need to submit your medical school transcript or a Dean’s letter.
Prior to matriculation to fellowship training at Baystate Medical Center, all incoming fellows are required to:
Applicant Timeline for July 1, 2011 Fellowship Start Date
- November 15, 2009: Applicants may begin selecting and applying to December cycle fellowship programs through ERAS.
- December 31, 2009: Deadline for application submission.
- December 2009 through February 2010: Applications are reviewed by faculty.
- February to March 2010: Invitations to interview are sent out via email.
- March to May 2010: Interviews are held at Baystate Medical Center.
- June 2010: Match Day
Because the fellowship program is highly competitive with many excellent candidates applying, we offer invitations to less than 10% of applicants. Interview decisions are based on the ERAS application and USMLE scores for Steps 1, 2 and 3. If you have not taken Step 3, please let us know when you plan to take it.
Most invitations to interview are sent out in February and March. Occasionally, we will extend an invitation in April.
If you are not selected for an interview, you can expect to be notified of your status via email between February and early April.
Contact for Questions
Lora Fillion, Education Coordinator