Pharmacy Publications and Presentations FY 2013 (Oct 12 - Sept 13)
- Taylor E, Roggie S, Heelon M. Reduction of pharmacy technician dispensing errors through utilization of bar code scanning at the point of delivery to automated dispensing cabinets (BADC). ASHP Abstract # 304570 – 2012 ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting, Las Vegas, NV.
- Horton ER, Taylor E, Kopcza K. Development of a pharmacy-school affiliated longitudinal advanced pharmaceutical practice experience at a large academic institution. ASHP Abstract # 303612 – 2012 ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting, Las Vegas, NV.
- Szkiladz A, Kopcza K, Roggie S, Heelon M, Mariani M, Pietrzykowski P. Creation of a standardized USP 797 training process and wet lab examination for certified pharmacy technicians. Poster session presented at the 47th American Society of Health-System Pharmacists Midyear Meeting & Clinical Exhibition; 2012; December 2-6; Las Vegas, NV.
- Heelon M, Roggie S, Collins MB, Lazovski A, Michelucci A, Taylor E. “Duplicate Anticoagulant Tool” A performance improvement project at BMC.
- Pesaturo AB, Shuler DM. Implementation of a quality improvement assessment tool for improvement of pharmacy services in the intensive care unit. UHC Abstract # 205B - University Health System Consortium Pharmacy Council Resident Poster Session. Las Vegas, NV. December 2012.
- Livings SE, Cross J, Knee A, Schimmel J, Tenholder E. Evaluation of the treatment of uncomplicated cellulitis in hospitalized, adult patients. UHC Abstract # 245A - 2012 UHC Pharmacy Council Resident Poster Session, Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Wilson-LaMothe AB, Horton ER, Knee A, Kopcza K, Grewal S. Development of a venous thromboembolism (VTE) prophylaxis algorithm based on assessment of incidence and associated risk factors in pediatric patients at Baystate Children’s Hospital. UHC Abstract #145B – 2012 UHC Pharmacy Council Meeting, Las Vegas, NV.
- Hom L, Coverdale C, Augustin E, Saw A, Attwood R. A national survey of hospital pharmacies on pharmacist participation in cardiopulmonary resuscitation and code coverage. 2012 ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting, Las Vegas, NV.
- Rogers J, Attwood R, Bernard A, Rathlev N. Effect of a satellite pharmacy on the activities of the clinical pharmacist in the emergency department. Presented at The University Health Consortium 2012 Annual Poster Session, Las Vegas, NV.
- Attwood R, Garofoli A, Baudoin M, Smith V, Woloszyn A, Berg A, Hess E, Russi C, Rudis M. Impact of an ED Clinical Pharmacist Response to an Automated Electronic Notification System on Timing and Appropriateness of Antimicrobials in Severe Sepsis or Septic Shock in the Emergency Department. American College of Emergency Physician's Scientific Assembly. October 9th 2012. Denver, CO.
- Kerr G. New initiatives arise out of NECC compounding tragedy. Formulary 2013; 48:123-124.
- Kerr G, Michelucci A, Ehresman A, Santana J, Heelon M. Decentralizing the pharmacy. “Baystate Health transforms its pharmacy practice model to improve patient safety while enhancing labor and inventory management efficiency” Cardinal Health 2013.
- Taylor E, Heelon M. A Better System for Stocking ADC’s. Pharmacy Practice News 2013.
- Szerszen M, Taylor E, Heelon M. Pharmacy Department Optimization of Medication Order Verification: A Lean Process Improvement and Benchmarking Initiative. ASHP Foundation 2013.
- Surran B, Visintainer P, Chamberlain S, Kopcza K, Shah B, Singh R. Comparison of clonidine versus phenobarbital as an adjunct therapy for neonatal abstinence syndrome: A prospective randomized clinical trial. Journal of Perinatology advance online publication, 15 August 2013.
- Kaur K, O’Connor A, Illig S, Kopcza K. Utilizing the parenteral nutrition ingredient shortages to improve parenteral nutrition usage and reduce waste. AJHP 2013; 70:1533-7
- Szkiladz A, Carey K, Ackerbauer K, Heelon M, Friderici J, Kopcza K. Impact of pharmacy student and resident-led discharge counseling on heart failure patients. Journal of Pharmacy Practice 0897190013491768, first published on June 24, 2013 as doi:10.1177/0897190013491768
- Gray S, Illig S, Heelon M. Medication Reconciliation BOSC-HcPro- 2013
- Kerr G. New Initiatives Arise Out of New England Compounding Tragedy. Formulary April 2013. 144-146.
- Kopcza K, Yu J. Updates in Pediatric Asthma including Long-Term Effects. To be presented at the 9th Annual New England Pharmacists Convention September 20, 2013.
- Heelon M, Johnson K. MASSPRO presentation “Adverse Drug Reporting at Baystate Health”. Presented January 2013.
- Taylor E, McMahon P. MSHP/ECN presentation “Networking 101”. Presented at WNEU March 14, 2013 and NEU March 27, 2013.
- Taylor E, McMahon P. “ASHP Student Leadership Development workshop”. Presented at the MSHP Annual Meeting April 2, 2013.
- Rogers J. “Allergy, Pseudoallergy and Adverse Drug Reactions: Identification and Management”. Presented as an MSHP CE on April 23, 2013.
- Livings S. “ 2012 Surviving Sepsis Guidelines: A Review”. Presented as an MSHP CE on April 23, 2013.
- Chowdhury T. “Management of Chronic Systolic Heart Failure”. Presented as an MSHP CE on June 12, 2013.
- Shuler D. “Guidelines for the Early Management of Patients with Acute Ischemic Stroke: 2013 Update” Presented as an MSHP CE on June 12, 2013.
- Kerr G. Career Tracks for Graduating Pharmacists. Baystate Medical Center. May 2, 2013
- Kerr G. Keynote Address, Pharmacy sterile Compounding Summit—American Society of Health Systems Pharmacists, American Hospital Association, PEW Charitable Trusts, Washington, D.C. February 6, 2013
- Kerr G. “The Challenges Facing Pharmacies Today (panel). Massachusetts Health Council 15th Annual Pharmacy Public Health Policy Symposium, Waltham, MA. January 17, 2013.