Springfield, Crossroads of New England
Springfield is located in the Pioneer Valley on the magnificent Connecticut River. Located along major rail lines and interstate highways, Springfield has convenient access to recreational and cultural opportunities in:
- Boston (1 1/2 hours)
- Hartford (1/2 hour)
- New York City ( 2 1/2 hours)
- New Haven (1 hour)
- Springfield lies at the intersection of two major interstate routes: the north-south I-91 and the east-west I-90 (Mass Pike).
- Springfield is served by Amtrak with service to Hartford, New Haven, and the main Eastern corridor lines from Boston to New York City to Washington DC (Northeast Regional and Vermonter)
- Bradley International Airport - only 25 minutes away in Windsor Locks, CT - is served by major airlines offering flights to anywhere in the US.
- Boston Logan International Airport is New England’s largest transportation center with 40 airlines flying nonstop to more than 100 domestic and international destinations
- There is frequent bus service to Boston, New York and Washington.
- Bus service within the Pioneer Valley is provided by Pioneer Valley Transit Authority.